The editorial team at Global Policy: Next Generation is pleased to announce that we are seeking two new Deputy Editors to assist with the second edition of GPNG to be published in early 2021.
Global Policy: Next Generation, is a new annual issue from the journal Global Policy. This multi-disciplinary, peer-reviewed journal provides a platform for PhD students and early career researchers to publish research on-par with the most rigorous of academic journals. The aims of the second edition are to continue to seek out the next generation of groundbreaking research in global policymaking and broaden horizons in terms of both content and authorship.
The position of Deputy Editor will involve reviewing manuscript submissions, monitoring the peer-review process, corresponding with potential authors, and collaborating with the editorial and management team at Global Policy. The position will include appropriate financial remuneration for an initial trial period.
Conditions for application:
- Applicants must be early career academic researchers either conducting PhD study or at Post-doc stage.
- Applicants from any geographical location and area of research/expertise are welcome, however applicants should be familiar with the subject matter of Global Policy and be committed to its vision of building a bridge between academic research and policy making impact.
- Applicants should have a clear record of providing detailed and constructive feedback to peers and/or students.
- Applicants must be able to work well in a small and cohesive team, including the ability to work under pressure at key points during the publishing/editorial calendar.
- Applicants should have good knowledge and experience of editing, proofreading and assessing academic research.
- Applicants should be familiar with social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Experience in developing online content (blog posts, op-eds, podcasts) is a plus.
We strongly encourage BAME researchers and those embedded within Global South institutions to apply.
Candidates for application should submit a CV and cover letter laying out their experience and reason for application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘Deputy Editor application’ by 30 June 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the Deputy Editor role or the application process, please contact Greg Stiles or Amna Kaleem at email@example.com.