Green Climate Fund Independent Redress Mechanism, subject expert for environmental and international law
Caribbean Development Bank - Accountability expert (Compliance Review Panel and Advisor), Office of Integrity, Compliance and Accountability
Executive Council Member, Society of International Economic Law
Suresh Nanwani has more than 30 years of development work experience in international organizations including the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. His work covers governance and accountability, policy formulation, public consultations, human resources, accountability mechanisms, project operations, and law and development. He was formerly Advisor in ADB and Counsel in EBRD. He has a PhD degree in Organization Development from SAIDI Graduate School of OD, Philippines, an LLM degree from University College London, and an LLB degree from the National University of Singapore.
He is a Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Accredited Mediator.
Since 2008, he has lectured on international financial institutions, and law and governance in various countries including Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, and the United Kingdom. He is an Honorary Research Fellow in Birkbeck University of London (2014 - present). He was Honorary Associate Professor in Australian National University (2016 to 2021) and Visiting Professorial Fellow in University of New South Wales (2012 to 2021).
He has published extensively on international financial institutions, law and development, governance and accountability, Sustainable Development Goals, and Belt and Road Initiative.
His latest book publications and activities include the following:
- Organization and Education Development: Reflecting and Transforming in a Self-Discovery Journey (author, Routledge, 2022) Open Access; [please adjust the Self-Discovery - not sure why there is an added spaced line?]
- Human Connections: Teaching Experiences in Chongqing, China and Beyond (author, Amazon Kindle, 2022);
- Covid-19 in the Philippines: Personal Stories (co-editor, Amazon Kindle, 2021);
- Covid-19 sa Pilipinas: Mga Personal na Kuwento (editor, S. Nanwani, 2021) e-book free download;
- The Practice of Independent Accountability Mechanisms: Towards Good Governance in Development Finance (co-editor, Brill, 2019); and
- TAD TALK: What does it take to appreciate and flourish? [Appreciative Inquiry Jam, Cooperrider Center, Champlain College, Vermont, USA) April 2022 (speaker and presenter).
- Member of Advisory Board of the International Community Law Review, a UK peer-reviewed journal.
- Executive Council Member of Society of International Economic Law, a global organization for academics, practitioners, government officials and students on IEL research, practice and development.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the African International Economic Law Network, a platform for the exchange of ideas on IEL on Africa’s international economic endeavors to be part of the global economy.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Educational Journal of Living Theories (EJOLTS) at https://ejolts.net/
editorial, a peer-reviewed UK journal by practitioner-researchers working in a wide range of global, social, cultural, and professional contexts.
- Member of the International Advisory Group of One World Trust, a United Kingdom independent think tank advocating reform in global governance.